Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!  I hope you'll bookmark it and check back later for more, as well as explore the links I've posted about my internship.  
If this is your first time on my site, the blogs start from most recent so head to the bottom of the page if you want to read about my total trip thus far!  Photo slide show coming soon!  See you soon!

17 July 2008

100 Things I will miss about London....

(in no particular order and some are favorite memories from London...) 100. Seeing Big Ben and a ferris wheel as the "skyline" 99. The texaco station outside my window 98. Standing on the right side of the escalator...or walking up the left side. 97. Deciding what show to go to based on the adverts lining the escalators in the tube...and seeing at least one a week! 96. Sitting in Hyde Park soaking up the rare and beautiful sunshine. 95. Running through Hyde Park all the way down through and past Kensington Gardens and feeling refreshed. 94. Playing basketball with the guys in my house 93. Not worrying about keeping my phone close or starring at it a lot because out of the 15 or so numbers I have collected, only about 5 are likely to call or text often. 92. The Bagel Nash: Yogurt and granola Parfaits 91. Making itineraries for myself everyday 90. Taking artsy photos everywhere I go like it's my job 89. Getting lost and ending up somewhere fantastic or beautiful 88. Getting lost and sighing with relief at the sight of a tube stop 87. The homeless man with the german shepherd puppy who always sits at Old Street Station. 86. "Everybody stop liiikkking Herrrr!!!!" ~Ros trying to have an American accent 85. 'rush hour traffic' on the stairs during the last few scenes 84. People asking me "y'a'right?" instead of the american "how are you?" (although the two are often paired together in the same sentence. 83. Writing in and referring to my little black book (my london moleskine) and taking it everywhere I go to jot down addresses and look at maps without looking like a tourist. 82. Being proud of myself for getting somewhere without using a map 81. Tucking Leanne (or Charlotte) into bed and running offstage saying "goodnight!" right before the show starts. 80. Doing Emma's themes for dancing backstage to the second chorus You Can't Stop the Beat. Ex. Drunk, stiff joints, feet stuck to floor, cheerleader, indians, pirate. 81. Sex and the City soundtrack at warm-ups day!... and seeing Mykl's Vinsen's excitement about it! 80. Ave Marias, Red Leather Yellow Leather, Unique New York, and the occasional "ahhhh" one note warm up that makes very little sense..... 79. Running up and down thousands of stairs and escalators everyday..mostly at the Shaftesbury 78. The graffiti art site at an old tube stop...graffiti heaven 77. Feeling educated by taking myself to museums 76. The Eagle, O'Neill's...bars near home that I like 75. The White Hart...sitting at the tables that say "reserved for Hairspray" 74. Standing in Matt's doorway and chatting 73. Coming home from work, and immediately changing into little shorts, grabbing a snack (times two) and taking it upstairs to visit Seth (yeah more stairs!) 72. Drawing open the huge curtains on the huge windows in my room to see bright sunshine in the morning. 73. Those few days when my hair is not frizzed in London. 72. Watching football with Tom on the dressing room computer at tea time. 71. Putting in a pound for the saturday night Hairspray lotteries...even though I never won...oh well! 70. Taking a train to somewhere like Greenwich without being completely sure if it is the right one, but faith of getting there anyway. 69. Skinny lattes and skinny raspberry apricot muffins 68. Chocolate muffins, an apple and water in a brown bag when I go to class. 67. The way it sounds when english people say my name 66. The sound of the word "you" when english people say "thank you" 65. Anyone british saying "good" sounds like a short version of "goodt" 64. Meeting a drug dealer name Jack on our second night in London at the pub...shady. 63. Drag queens walking around outside Old Street 62. Historical reinactments at tourist sites like the Tower of London 61. Feeling great to arrive at the gift shop of any museum or tourist site I have just completed. (gift shops are the best part!) 60. My London Encounter Lonely Planet guide 59. Seeing random acts of kindness: 58. A lady offering the Old Street homeless man a box of Krispy Kremes 57. A guy picking up two newspapers while riding the tube--and offering me one. 56. Someone at work bringing a someone else at work flowers because she had a rough week the week prior. 55. A man giving an elderly lady his seat on the bus and the fact that she didn't stop thanking him the rest of the ride. 54. Having time to keep my room clean. 53. Being free to wake up whenever I want, but choosing to wake up at a decent hour anyway. 52. Little kids with British accents running around this city. 51. Eating meat pies on fleet street. 50. Paperchase- the most wonderful stationary and art store I have ever been inside...and three stories of it! 49. Looking the right way to cross the street. (makes me feel like I live here!) 48. The man at the shop (convienience store) by Shaftesbury telling me "it's nice to see you again" everytime I come in, even though all I get is Evian every time. 47. Getting tricked into when to page the curtain during Welcome to the 60s. 46. Going to bars and clubs legally 45. Fish and chips 44. Testing everyone's microphone before the show and people laughing at an American counting to ten. 43. "Cool Magic"...actually called Magicool, Leanne's cooling spray...it really is magic. 42. The little adventure to front of house stairwell with Ros when I do stage right and using the nicer-than-backstage front of house toilets. 41. Hearing LX and Auto cues in my ear over cans (headset) and knowing when they are coming. 40. Saying "standing byyyy" over cans 39. Reeling in the "rats on the street, they'll dance round my feet" 38. Following orange lamp posts to the Tate modern 37. Being slightly grossed out but thinking all the blood and gore in King Lear was kind of cool...i mean A LOT of gore...and standing at the very foot of the stage to watch it the whole time! 36. Getting away with taking pictures in beautiful, should-be-photographable areas. 35. Blogging. 34. Getting really excited to talk to someone on facebook who I havent heard from or seen in two months or more (anyone from SC or PSU really) 33. video chatting with my puppy Mia. 32. Grocery shopping at Sainsbury's and feeling like a grownup. 31. The awesome ready-made meals they have at M & S and such. 30. Pret. 29. Iced Mocha Lattes from the cafe in the Aveda hair salon across from the Shaftesbury 28. Being greeted by Harry at the stage door. 27. Evian water. 26. The smiling faces of literally everyone at work literally almost all the time. 25. Setting up the Har Dee Har hut and then getting applause when it all goes. 24. Sitting on the floor of the stage waiting for Act II beginners and doodling on the attendance clipboard. 23. STILL getting lost in the Shaftesbury...and Sarah attempting to be tackful in asking me why I'm going that way... :) 22. Walking onstage during Welcome to the 60s and ducking behind the rowhouses 23. Using my new hot pink maglite. 22. Sitting on the Miss Teenage Hairspray Throne 21. Practicing riffles and double shuffles or tapping while sitting during "Big Dollhouse" 20. Cravings for McFlurries even though I hate McDonald's...the cravings are only because it is outside my window... 19. Scottish Shortbread Fingers with squeezable strawberry jelly on top 18. The sound the door makes when you come home (the alarm thing it goes buh leep when you turn the key) 17. Asking random friendly-looking people to take my picture when I'm travelling solo and am at a photo op. 16. Shopping with Ros!!!!! (shopaholics, the both of us....) 15. The Design Museum 14. Telling people I'm from Pennsylvania when they ask about my accent...my favorite was the one guy who thought my accent was french... 13. Learning new words to add to my blog 12. Using the new words I've used and still pulling it off ok. 11. Deciding on a random tube stop to get off at and just exploring what is there. 10. Harrods. Designer Shoes. And all that jazz. 9. Walks to the Holborn station with Ros and Rachel after work. 8. Bra shopping with Sarah and Ros even though i hate bra shopping it was still fun with them 7. Doing laundry myself and only ruining one item! (never done my own laundry more than twice a year in my life) 6. Watching out for celebrities who come see Hairspray (I saw Henry Winkler from the Fonz and Ronnie Colbert)...or hearing about celebs elsewhere in London 5. Spending almost 55 shows (I calculated) total on the West End, whether watching or backstage...about 12 of those are the traditional: from audience, had ticket. 4. Cafe Nero. 3. Mastering the tube system. (...almost.) 2. Spending an average of 7 shows a week working on Hairspray and looking forward to "work" everyday I've been here. 1. Living, working, walking, taking random boats, horse and buggies, trains, buses, and loving London and all the wonderful people I've met here. I am so blessed.

No comments: