On Monday I chilled out at home in the morning, then decided to go say one last goodbye to Westministe
r Abbey, Big Ben, the London Eye...all that touristy juice. Got some footage and stuff so that was good. Then I went up to Bond Street (on oxford street, where Ros and I shop, it's farther down tho from work) and walked around waiting for her to call me and say when we were gonna meet up to go shopping. I hadn't seen her since the tuesday past because of working Never Forget and Dirty Dancing and her working auditions during the one show i did work...so i was excited to see her! We did some shopping, she's going to Ibiza on holiday with a bunch of her girlfriends for two weeks, two days after I fly out so of course that calls for new outfits!! So we just had fun shopping like always and just barely made it back in time for work because of all the foot traffic. The funniest moment (you had to be there so sorry if it's not funny, but I'll remember it if i write it haha that's what half this blog is anyway) was when we were getting so frustrated with people not walking fast enough and Ros turns to me and goes "I put on my mean face and then people get out of my way" and it was hilarious cos she's just a little thing with kind of a baby face and not intimidating at all so I still laugh when I think of the face she made. I did stage left with Tom (he is back from Spain after 2 weeks!) since Ros was on book and Sarah was doing the stage manag
ement plot (Hesky left not feeling well). So that was fun although it's funny cos when I do it with Sarah she tells me everything but he really doesn't say much at all to me about what to do, I kind of just do the jobs I usually do and he checks up on it or is ready to do it if I don't. Which makes it a lot less stressful, but I think I end up doing slightly less...haha or maybe just thinking less cos I do what is second nature to do which mostly it is now minus some things that I do when I follow some people and not others so I'll sometimes forget or get order mixed up on that stuff.
Tuesday was time to
go to Greenwich! Although everyone has off work this week, I didn't have a travel buddy so I went by myself, and funny cos I didn't really know where I was going but the people who work at the trains help you so that is nice. It was gorgeous there although a little gray in the morning. And best of all everything was free! I went to the Maritime Museum, saw the 0 degrees longitude, 0 degrees latitude line (stood with one foot on each side!) and watched the time ball drop at 1pm! I also saw the Queen's House designed by Inigo Jones, one of the earliest set designers! And the lady who gave the 20 minute (that's my limit haha) tour I went on told me all kinds of ghost stories about the place after!!!! I had lunch at the Tea House, a fantastic caesar salad and some bread pudding. Then after walking around a bit more and finding a great little shop that I made a few purchases at, I went by train back to London. I took the tube from there to Marble Arch, which has a pedestrian subway to Hyde Park. So I went there and sat out in the sun and studied for my exa
m for about an hour, before doing a little shopping on Oxford Street (yeah it's basically all one fabulous street leading to work--perfection) and then taking the tube the rest of the way cos I was too far down and it was getting too late. Then I went to work and did stage right with Ros which was of course fun. And guess who came to see Hairspray?!!!! Erin, my roommate at PSU has been in London for weeks, lives literally around the corner, but because of my weird schedule, we haven't met up yet! So while I was trying to get some merch in the lobby (haha leaving it to the last min of course) I saw her -knew she was coming tho!-it was exciting! And her and her flatmates loved the show and I'm so glad someone from home/PSU got to see exactly what I've been doing the past two months and it meant a lot to me that she wanted to come! So yeah and it was bloody hot onstage again (have i mentioned how hot and sweaty it is every night? well it is! no air conditioning here!!!) but ok anyway.
Today I got up early again to go to Hampton Court Palace! It was beautiful there as well!!! A lot to do! There is just so much to look through, and then the maze and the gardens and all that! Plus I had a
specific house in the area to find as a favor to take a picture, which was not an easy task and I probably ended up walking a few miles in the total process, but I found it! Also spent a bit over lunch studying for my exam I had tonight (we had essay questions in advance, had to prepare two, 750ish word essays and not use notes) so of course i pick the ones from the only two classes I went to...yay! it went well. But anyway, headed to the train station about 15.15, and although Ros and I were gonna shop more, we've decided Friday would be better since she would get into town late today and anyway I had an exam and wasn't going to work. So I just went back home did a little studying and laundry and such, went to the exam and came back and have been doing some packing (I feel like I'm going on vacation, from London...that's how much I feel like it's my home here now...) and other little things I must do to say thank you to all the wonderful and brilliant people I am going to have to say bye to on Friday!!! (If you know me, you know that even tho I brought zero card making materials-I have like a TON of materials, it's kind of my thing haha-that I had a hayday at Paperchase, the stationary/art store I talked about earlier and bought stuff to make fairly good little gifts although I still miss my sharpies and prismacolors (amazing colored pencils that cost about $2 per pencil and i have a 120 set...love them to death)!
So yes I am up to all that. Tomorrow I have an oral evaluation of my paper and my internship and then go to work at 13.00. Two show day yay! Oh no my last two show day!!!! :'( I hate "lasts." Anyway. As you can tell I am so devastated to leave in a short three days! I love london.
Cheers to making the most of the last few days in my favorite new home with some of my favorite new people,
Sam
No comments:
Post a Comment